It’s been two years since last the Barr Clan all got together. What better time is there than a Christmas gathering?
Mo and I packed our little bags and headed to Bristol airport which very conveniently is only a half hour away via the A1 bus. With us now living in Southville the whole travel experience of getting “back home” is greatly improved from the days of living in Lisbon, Portugal.
Conditions in Bristol had been a tad bleak with rain and dense fog. Fortunately we were to be utterly blessed as the sun stayed out the entire time we were away, no snow alas, but the sunshine and dry weather made up for it.
Cave of the Barr Clan, Findhorn, Moray
Thanks to my generous mother we were all able to stay at Findhorn House with breathtaking views over the Findhorn Bay in the North East village of Findhorn in Moray, Scotland. It also happens to be where I grew up as part of the Barr Clan.
Thankfully the entire trip had been planned in meticulous detail by my Sister. Shirls arranged for us to be picked up by the inimitable Chris Brown (thanks Chris!) and soon we were all together again in an amazing old house surrounded by a loving family.
So the Clan was complete. Shirley Barr, my sister, Michael Mitten my brother-in-law, Connor Barthelmie, my nephew, Ann Barr, my mother, with Mo Haley and my good self.
And a great time was had by all
We spent the better part of five days together (in PJ’s) eating, laughing and having a great time in each others company. Highlights included:
Ann Barr, Shirley Barr, Michael Mitten, Chris Brown, Connor Barthelmie, Mo Haley & Dave Barr on bells.
- Christmas Eve dinner with Liza and her son Michael.
- Meeting Michael Schnadt’s wife Lauren.
- Watching Findhorn village come alive on Christmas day to play rounders.
- The incredible meal prepared by Michael Mitten & Chris Brown.
- Playing Ding Dong Merrily on High with bells.
- Game: Exploding Kittens.
- Game: Cards Against Humanity (with 3 generations playing, brave or what?)
- Game: Bananagrams.
- Findhorn Village (en.wikipedia.org)
- Bristol Airport Flyer (A1 Bus) (firstgroup.com)
- Game: Exploding Kittens (explodingkittens.com)
- Game: Cards Against Humanity (cardsagainsthumanity.com)
- Game: Bananagrams (bananagrams.com)